Thursday, June 3, 2010

My last day in Argentina


It seems like the past three and a half weeks have flown by. We have been kept incredibly busy with the program at UCEL. Final exams were yesterday and even though some of us were concerned about the difficulty of the test, I have no doubt that we all passed with flying colors!

The "chicas" or "girls," as we are often called, have grown very close during our Argentine experience. We have traveled together, studied together and shared a life changing three weeks. It will be difficult to say goodbye to everyone, but somehow I think that we will manage to stay in touch.

My Spanish has greatly improved over the past three weeks. I feel much more confident in my abilities to carry on a conversation. I have spoken with people here about politics and government, raising children, teaching and travel. I have learnd a great deal about the Argentine culture and have grown tremendously as a person during my experience.

That being said, I also cannot wait to return home. To be with my husband and my "babies"-my dear pets. I look forward to walking the dog and caring for my horses. I'm not sure I'm looking fowared to cleaning the litter pan! But it will be nice to be in my space once again. Home, sweet home. Hogar, dulce hogar!

No comments:

Post a Comment